OmniSOC events code of conduct
OmniSOC aims to foster a welcoming and productive environment at each of our events, whether online or in person. We have adopted the following code of conduct to provide guidance about the behavior expected in our events and venues.
- All individuals are expected to behave professionally toward others without exception.
- Harassment or intimidating behavior of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Assume positive intent from others. Our broader community includes individuals from many cultures, first languages, levels of education, etc., and miscommunications can easily happen, so please respond professionally and assume the best possible intent. When in doubt, seek clarification.
- Weapons are not permitted at any OmniSOC event.
- Illegal drugs are not permitted at any OmniSOC event.
- Smoking, e-cigarettes & vaping are not permitted at any OmniSOC event.
- Event attendees may be given access to Wi-Fi access points. Please use these networks in accordance with their own policies.
- Do not interrupt speakers during presentations unless requested by the speaker.
- Do not use flash photography during presentations.
- Do not make audio or video recordings of any presentation for any reason without express permission from the event chair. OmniSOC provides presentation recordings when appropriate. Attracting candid presentations and discussions related to cybersecurity relies in part on the confidence that certain sensitive topics will not be recorded.
Violation of any of these rules may be grounds for disciplinary action and/or dismissal from OmniSOC events.
If you feel that you have been threatened or harassed, or would like to report a violation of the above rules, please report the incident to the event chair or one of the following OmniSOC contacts: Susan Sons (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Todd Stone (email@example.com).